Thursday, October 8, 2015

"It's like my life is buffering"



Today is “Throwback Thursday.” Let me throwback to when I actually kept up on this blog. It’s been at good 4-5 months and 2-3 guys since I’ve put together a post. I don’t really have an excuse and I’m not going to do the thing we all did in our diaries growing up “I will write in you everyday!” because, well, I don’t want to set myself for failure. But I think this could help me get the refresh I need.

 

Usually I love a good life refresh. Coming off of a contract, relationship, moving to a new place, whatever the spark is, doesn’t matter. Put me in a position that I need to organize a plan and execute on my calendar gives me such a life orgasm. I’m not sure why I can’t seem to get my shit together this time. Let me layout my current need for a refresh as quick as possible:

 

Work: The US Open is over. My current job description kind of looks like this: ???!@NSKD???? Meaning I can extend my contract as long as I would like but I don’t quite know what I’m doing when I’m sitting the office. As a career-oriented person who thrives off being busy, productive, and moving forward, this is frustrating to me. I enjoy working here, but don’t want to stay if it’s just going to stay status quo. Long story short, I don’t have a plan yet and it’s making me anxious.

 

Love Life: My long-term ex and I haven’t spoken in over 2 months. No communication. Nada. The guy I was trying on in August and September turned out to be keeping me as a back-burner bitch. An entire post dissecting this I’m sure will come. I currently have a crush but I’m too much of a pussy to make a move. Long story short, I’m alone again.

 

Friends: My friends are wonderful. I love everything about them. Except their locations. They are scattered all over the country and this wasn’t more apparent to me until when I found myself going through a break-up and no one was bringing me over ice cream.

 

Family: ? Well. Status Quo.

 

Me: I’m realizing my attitude here may be a little pathetic. Wah. I’m lonely and un-motivated. It’s the kind of thing I would usually ready and think put your big girl panties on and fix it. Make a plan. Something I love to do. However, I’ve been having trouble finding motivation to do that. I can’t bring myself to hit that refresh button. Instead, I'm just watching the video while it's buffering, waiting in anticipation to let it play out.

 

I don’t know why it’s been tough to hit the refresh. Maybe I’m out of refreshes and I need to close the browser and re-open. All I know is that something needs to happen. CUE VEGAS.

 

It just so happens I have a lovely 9 days planned coming up. Cape Cod - > Boston - > NY - > LA - > VEGAS! I’m pretty much visiting the best of the best people in my life over the next 9 days, seeing some of my favorite places in the country, and oh yes, dancing my ass off. Without putting all my eggs in one basket, I can only hope some kind of clarity of what the next step is in my life.

STAY TUNED

No comments:

Post a Comment