Monday, March 16, 2015

"I am woman, hear me roar!"

Well -- I had a tough weekend. Struggled with a lot of emotions. Indulged in some emotional cutting (blogpost about why we do this to come later). Before I go on a rant about that, I wanted to share a great moment I had with myself tonight.

Since moving into my new apartment, i've been sleeping on an air mattress. Since I moved so quickly, I didn't want to jump into buying something I wasn't sure I wanted. When I finally decided what I wanted, I ordered it in parts across the internet (always looking for a bargain). Bed Frame from Amazon, Headboard from Overstock, and Mattress and Boxspring from Target (on sale)! Yes -- I probably should have been an adult and gone somewhere to see these first, but these were all trustworthy sites and each of the products had great reviews.

The bed frame and headboard came quickly. I was antsy for the remaining pieces to arrive so I could throw it all together. What I did not expect, was my mattress and box spring to come in pieces in 2 boxes. "Mattress and box spring, assembly required." WTF?!

The mattress was rolled up like nothing I had every seen before. And please understand, this is a nice, pillow top mattress with springs! Not a futon. Never in my life did I think I would be assembling a box spring. But I did it. It was a challenge and I was overwhelmed at first, but this chick don't need a man to put her bed together for her. (Although it would have been nice ;))

It was a moment that reminded me I am alone. A feeling I had been drowning in all weekend. But tonight it was different. Instead of cursing the world because metals bars were falling on my head when I could reach the top of the piece I was putting together, I simply laughed and found it be an enjoyable, therapeutic, nesting experience. I put on some old episodes of Real World, Road Rules Challenge and jumped in.

I've never been more excited to sleep alone tonight. With Lucy of course ;)

BEFORE:



AFTER:



No comments:

Post a Comment