Friday, May 8, 2015

Maybe I have learned something....

Well my first week as a 27 year old has proved to be a little bit more uplifting then I thought. It's been a tough month as a I mentioned in my posting last week, and as I have put myself back into the dating pool, i've questioned whether all the work I have put into myself has done anything. The week started out with me learning that my ex-bf, who I have come to lean on in times of loneliness, was leaving NYC and moving 8 hours away. When he told me, I immediately got emotional. I'm not quite sure why. I think it was just a combination of the shock and the real closing of a chapter.

The next day I found myself surprisingly okay. I actually feel like I did some things for myself. I did a lot around my apartment, I exercised more, and today, I had lunch by myself on a patio at a restaurant. It was truly a feeling of freedom.

I had some action in the man territory as well. I finally went on a date. I had been talking to him on Tinder for about a week. He's funny and really good on paper. Unfortunately I didn't quite feel it on our date, didn't even kiss him at the end of it. But getting myself out there felt really good. I suppose it helps that I have a few other guys on deck. I feel like that's important when dating. ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE ON DECK. It reminds you that there are other people out there and helps you not settle for something that isn't right.

If I look back at my week, the lunch I had today by myself was definitely the highlight. This totally proves to me that I can put myself first and appreciate what i'm worth. Overall, going into the weekend with a kick in my step and ready for what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment